Private tour - Massada and Dead Sea
Depart Tel Aviv via the Judean Hills to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth; Roadside view of Qumeran Caves (visit not included) where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found; Visit a Dead Sea cosmetic products shop. Drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to Massada where you will learn about the heroic story of the Jewish fighters. Ascend by cable car and tour the mountain fortress built by king Herod, where the Zealots of the first century made their last stand against the Romans. Visit the remains of the walls, palace, synagogue, water cisterns, mosaic floors, roman baths and other findings. Descend by Cable Car. Continue to the Dead Sea; Enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the mineral rich mud, that many believe has its therapeutic effects. Return to point of departure.
NOTE : Comfortable walking shoes, hats,sun screen, bathing suit and towel are recommended.
- All tour rates are priced per vehicle, per day.
- Full touring day is 10 hours from pick up hour. Each additional hour is charged - $50 USD.
- All rates are valid for Sunday to Friday and exclude Jewish holidays. On Saturdays and Jewish holidays a supplement of $130 per day will apply.Holiday dates in which supplement will apply: April 23, 29; May 12; June 12; October 3, 4, 12, 17, 24, 2016.
- All tours are conducted by government licensed guides and in luxury air-conditioned vehicles .
- Tours to Bethlehem & Jericho are subject to Palestinian authority regulations ; tours are conducted with local guides; Change of vehicles is required when entering Palestinian territory.
- Changes in itinerary may occur due to holidays, force majeure or circumstances beyond our control.
- Entrance fees, meals and tips are NOT included.
- Passengers with special needs: wheelchairs, carriages or baby chairs need to notify us about their needs in advance.
- Cancellation Fees: No refund for cancellation on the day of the tour.
- Valuable belongings should never be left unattended in the vehicle.
- Rent-a-guide will not accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage.
- For all tours (except for Massada & Dead Sea) modest attire is required for visiting holy places of any religion (men with head covering, women with shoulder covering; for both men and women - no shorts).